Last Updated on June 3, 2022 by Keri
Whether you want to add some motivation to your Bullet Journal layouts, are trying to fill some empty space, or just want to include something that speaks to you; quotes are such a great thing to add to your Bullet Journal layouts!
You can also get really creative with quotes using different lettering styles, doodles, flourishes and more.
In this blog post, I share over 100 quotes broken down into different categories so that you can search through the list quickly.
I have also included some inspirational images from creators on Instagram to show you what is possible with this.
Let’s jump right in!
Time Management Quotes
One of the biggest challenges I see people struggling with, myself included, is time management and just a general lack of time in the day to get it all done.
And while a quote won’t magically give you more time in day, (wouldn’t that be nice?), they can be a great source of external motivation for those times when you just need it.
- Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most. – Abraham Lincoln
- People often complain about a lack of time when the lack of direction is the real problem. – Zig Ziglar
- Time is what we want most, and what we use worst. – William Penn
- The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule but to schedule your priorities. – Stephen R. Covey
- We must use time wisely, and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. – Nelson Mandela
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. – Michael Altshuler
- If you don’t show that you value your own time, how can you expect others to respect it? – Unknown
- Time is non-refundable. Use it with intention. – Unknown
- Don’t be busy, be productive. – Unknown
- It’s not about better time management. It’s about better self-management. – Rory Vaden
It is very easy to lose motivation to work on your goals. And while I am a firm believer that motivation actually comes from taking consistent action, there is nothing like a small boost of external motivation to help keep you going on those tough days.
- A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot! – Joe Vitale
- Without dreams and goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here. – Mark Twain
- A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action becomes reality. – Greg Reid
- Don’t tell people about your plans. Show them your results. – Sakib Tamboli
- My goals is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be. – Wayne Dyen
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. – Albert Einstein
- Take massive, imperfect action towards your goals. The time will never be just right. – Derric Yuh Ndim
- Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods. – Unknown
- The people who get things done, who lead, who grow and who make an impact… those people have goals. – Seth Godin
- Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. – Roy T. Bennett
Related: How To Set Goals And Achieve Them
Are you training for a marathon, looking to lose a few pounds, or just like to get movement in every day? No matter the reason, it can be hard to stay motivated to your fitness regime all the time…
Again, a little external motivation with some quotes might be exactly what you need to keep you going on the days when you’d rather just lay on the couch.
- The body achieves what the mind believes. – Unknown
- I’m working on myself, for myself, by myself. – Unknown
- Life has its ups and downs. We call them squats. – Unknown
- Good things come to those who sweat! – Unknown
- You won’t always love the workout, but you will always love the result. – Unknown
- Your health is an investment, not an expense. – Unknown
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday. – Karina Halle
- Sore today, strong tomorrow. – Unknown
- Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you. – Unknown
- Fall in love with taking care of your body. – Unknown
Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration about our money.
Whether it is a reminder to build for your future, a reminder to spend a little less, or just encouragement to budget at all, (because let’s face it, budgeting is not the most exciting task in the world) quotes can be the inspiration you need!
- More money can’t fix bad spending habits. – Unknown
- Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a big ship. – Benjamin Franklin
- A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. – Dave Ramsey
- You weren’t born to just pay bills and die. – Unknown
- You must gain control of your money, or the lack of it will forever control you. – Dave Ramsey
- Budgeting isn’t about limiting yourself, it’s about making the things that excite you possible. – Unknown
- Comparison will steal your joy and your paycheck. – Rachel Cruz
- Don’t give up what you want most, for what you want now. – Unknown
- Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving. – Warren Buffett
- It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits. – Charles A Jaffe
Parenting is not something that can be taught.
It is something that has to be developed over time and comes with a lot of ups and downs. These quotes will remind you that it is okay to feel how you feel, but to pick up, and continue on!
- You can be a mess and still be a good mom. We are allowed to be both. – Unknown
- A sleeping baby is the new “happy hour”. – Unknown
- Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles, dirty ovens, and happy kids. – Unknown
- Just when you think you know love, something little comes along just to remind you how big it really is. – Unknown
- There is no such thing as a mom who has it all together. – Unknown
- Being a mom has made me really tired and so happy. – Tina Fey
- A messy bun is the crown of a mom. – Unknown
- To be honest, I’m just winging it. Life, motherhood, my eyeliner. Everything. – Unknown
- This home runs on cuddles and caffeine. – Unknown
- If I ever go missing, please follow my kids. They can find me, no matter where I try to hide. – Unknown
Cleaning is one of those things that is extremely necessary, even though we all despise it.
Add some fun cleaning quotes to make you smile while you clean!
- When your environment is clean, you feel happy, motivated and healthy. – Lailah Gifty Akita
- Tidy room. Tidy mind. – Unknown
- There’s something about a clean house, a clean room. It does wonders for the psyche. – Brian Sonsoni
- Your home is living space, not storage space. – Francine Jay
- The fewer things we own, the fewer things we must clean. – Unknown
- For every moment spent in organizing, an hour is earned. – Benjamin Franklin
- A place for everything and everything in its place. – Benjamin Franklin
- Clutter represents indecision. Make a decision, and clear the clutter. – Unknown
- Do you know what would make house cleaning way more fun? A maid. – Unknown
- I just cleaned everything from top to bottom. So now I’m gonna need everyone to stop living here. – Unknown
Self Care Quotes
To be our best selves, we must focus on making time for ourselves.
Add these motivational self-care quotes to different layouts in your Bullet Journal to remind yourself to take some time for you today.
- Self-care is giving the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you. – Katie Reed
- There is nothing in nature that blooms all year long. So don’t expect yourself to do so either. – Unknown
- You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people. – Ralph Smart
- Give yourself the same care and attention that you give to others, and watch yourself bloom. – Unknown
- You gotta nourish to flourish. – Unknown
- It’s not selfish to do what is best for you. – Mark Sutton
- Self-care is how you take your power back. – Lalah Delia
- Be addicted to bettering yourself. – Unknown
- You will be exactly as happy as you decide to be. – Unknown
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first. – Unknown
Building and owning your own business can come with a lot of ups and downs, which is also what makes it all the sweeter!
These quotes sum up life as an entrepreneur perfectly.
- You will never always be motivated. You must learn to be disciplined. – Unknown
- Hang out with people who force you to level up. – Unknown
- Be happy with what you have while working for what you want. – Helen Keller
- Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen. – Wayne Huizenga
- The key to success is to start before you are ready. – Marie Forleo
- Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring. – Unknown
- Work hard in silence. Let success be your noise. – Frank Ocean
- The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. – Nolan Bushnell
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
- Failure is simply the opportunity to do it again, this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
Disney Inspired Quotes
And, if you’re a Disney fan like me, then you will love these quotes from some of the most famous Disney movies and series!
- A cover is not the book. So open it up and take a look. – Mary Poppins
- A dream is a wish your heart makes. – Cinderella
- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – Winnie The Pooh
- It’ll turn out alright in the end. You’ll see. – Mrs Potts, Beauty and the Beast
- Everything is possible. Even the impossible. – Mary Poppins
- I’m where I’m meant to be. – Tangled
- First, Think. Second, Believe. Third, Dream. And finally, Dare. – Walt Disney
- You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. – Gustea, Ratatouille
- Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one. – Pocahontas
- Like so many things, it is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts. – Aladdin
- You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are. – Alice In Wonderland
- It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine. – Eeyore, Winnie The Pooh
- I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. – Edna Mode, The Incredibles
- Always let your conscience be your guide. – Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
- If you’re scared, just be scarier than whatever is scaring you! – Thumper, Bambi
- The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. – Timothy Mouse, Dumbo
- Some people are worth melting for. – Olaf, Frozen
- The things that make me different are the things that make me. – Winnie The Pooh
- It’s kind of fun to do the impossible. – Walt Disney
- Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. – Stitch, Lilo & Stitch
Inspiration From The Community
Whether you want to include your quotes directly into your layout, or if you want to create entire pages for a quote, there is a bunch of amazing inspiration on places like Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Google.
To add a little bit of decoration and variety to your layouts, you can also try adding different lettering styles, change the colours of certain words, and doodles, and more!
Remember, the more it stands out, the more you will find yourself reading that quote.
Do you add quotes to your Bullet Journal? What is your favorite? Leave a comment below so that we can add to this list!